Thursday, May 24, 2012

Cops & Toddlers

Since January, Lain has been spending his weekday evenings enrolled in the police academy. It has always been a dream of his to be a police officer, and he finally decided at the beginning of this year to make the commitment. With Lain away from home in the evenings, it has left lots of time for Lea and I to hang, but we've definitely missed Daddy. Its been quite the challenge, especially chasing after a toddler while nursing a broken foot. (Long story short... super high heels right after foot surgery is never a good idea.) Lea has gone from crawling, to walking to practically running this month, and keeping up with her is sometimes exhausting.

Lea playing with her bestie, Sophie
Mornings with Dad


















Thanks to my wonderful parents, in-laws, Nene, Ben, Adam, Jac-Jac my bestie Tracy and Lea's bestie, Sophie-Lou for hanging with us while Lain was away from home. Your company is very much appreciated :) And thank you to Lain, who has graciously taken over all parental duties in the mornings to give me a little extra time to get ready. Cheerios in bed with Dad has become quite the morning tradition.

Tonight, Lain finally graduated from the academy. Let me just tell you, he looks mighty fine in a uniform :) Other than simply looking good, I know he is going to make one hell of a police officer. He is so smart, brave, intuitive, patient and dedicated--all things an officer should be. I am so proud of him. I don't know how he juggles so many things, but he does it to be the best provider for our family that he can be, and he does a great job.




Just a quick Lea update, other than walking, she is babbling her head off and saying new words every day. The other day she yelled "na-na" and pointed right and at banana and signed "want." She is a smart cookie. She loves to dance, and is constantly making up new moves. She definitely gets that from her dad. She has a real sense of humor, and loves to make us laugh by making her "squishy" face. (See below) She loves accessories, shoes, purses, sunglasses, etc. That, she gets from me.

Developmentally, she is catching up to her gestational age fast thanks to her wonderful therapists. She is finally on the charts, making the 3rd percentile for weight in her age group. I am so proud of her, and I cannot tell you how many times since she was born I have thanked God for blessing me with this beautiful, healthy miracle of a child.

My favorite squishy face.

In other news, I have decided to write a children's book, starring none other than my Thumba-Lea. So there... I've put my idea out there in the universe. Now that gives me no choice but to get it done. Wish me luck. And time. And patience. And creativity.


Thanks so much :)

1 comment:

  1. How happy am I to be reading this and sniffling! So many miracles...congratulations preemie momma friend!

    ReplyDelete