Friday, June 1, 2012

Isagenix 9-Day Cleanse: Day 1

I woke up feeling ready to take on the challenge of the two cleanse days. I had my first of four Cleanse for Life drinks as soon as I woke up, as well as a Natural Accelerator pill. It wasn't as bad as I expected, and I was able to get it down pretty easily. On my drive to work, I began having stomach cramps. Emily let me know to drink a LOT of water, and once I did, my aching stomach subsided. At about 9:30, I had my IsaDelight, which you can eat 30 minutes before your Isagenix Snacks. The great thing about the IsaDelights, other than that they are chocolate, is that the amino acids in these little squares encourage natural production of mood-elevating brain chemicals which help to satisfy appetite. At ten, I had my Isagenix Snacks and continued consuming as much water as possible.

By noon, I was surprised I didn't feel hungry. I'm usually pestering my co-workers to leave for lunch by 11:30. For lunch I had my Cleanse for Life, and another Natural Accelerator pill. I just mixed the Cleanse powder with the little bit of water I had left in my water bottle from this morning, and shot it like I'd shoot tequila, with my eyes closed and nose pinched. The taste is not horrible, but its the dark color that freaks me out. I guess I could add more water, but then there would be more to drink.

At two, I had my second IsaDelights because I was starting to feel hungry. That was enough to settle my stomach, and I followed that with my Isagnix Snacks thirty minutes later. About half an hour later though, I felt hungry again. I just continued to drink water and did some online retail therapy to pass the time. By 3:30 I caved and ate 1/4 of an apple. It's allowed! It was seriously the best apple I've ever eaten.

At four, I had my third Cleanse for Life drink. Those seem to work best in curbing my hunger. Then, my mom, Lea and I went to the mall and did some shopping. Shopping can take my mind off of anything, including not eating. I wasn't even phased when we passed the food court. I'm lucky to have my mom along in this journey -- having a partner in crime makes it easier. Side note: Lea got her first Build-A-Bear. We had so much fun watching her walking around the store pointing at shoes and exclaiming "ooooooh!" She is one cute little distraction! She opted for a Bunny with a pink dress and pink wedges. We named her Rosie.

We got home around 8:30, and I drank my final cleanse of the day. By 9:30 I felt hungry, so I called it a night. One more day of cleansing to go. I can't wait for a shake because me so hungry!

No comments:

Post a Comment