Sunday, June 3, 2012

Isagenix 9-Day Cleanse: Day 4

I made a new discovery today. I had been using my small magic bullet blender to mix my shakes, but because they were coming out SO smooth with no icy texture, I didn't really like them. I switched to my big blender hoping that would help, but when I put it on smoothie mode, the consistency was still too smooth for me. For my lunch-time shake, I used "icy drink" mode instead of "smoothie" mode, and it made a difference. Those little specks of ice take away from the chalky texture, and it feels more like I am having an ice cream shake, which momma likes.

The only other thing I am trying differently today is since I had a shake for breakfast and lunch, I am having real dinner tonight. I have basically made my home a no-food zone for everyone aside from the people who have to eat (Lea and Lain.) It will be a nice change of pace to enjoy a healthy meal in the evening.

I have a low-cal and very healthy veggie lasagna cooking in my crock pot, which I'll be eating for lunch this week. I'll let you know if its good! Here's a link to the recipe.

For those people who think they could never do a cleanse like this, let me just tell you. Once you get started, its really easy to keep on track. I notice not only do I have more energy, but I also am less hungry. That's a win-win in my book! My biggest problem on this diet is not the diet itself, but deciding what tropical paradise I want to visit once I've hit my goal weight. This one looks nice...


1 comment:

  1. Great post. I would like to say thanks for sharing such a wonderful post.

    Isogenics

    ReplyDelete